This post was created as part of a relationship in which I was sponsored by Weight Watchers and given a free three month subscription to try their new Personal Coaching product and write about my experience. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own. #WeightWatchers #WWsponsored
One of the things about trying to eat healthier and/or lose weight is getting creative with recipes. Finding new recipes, finding new ways to eat favorite foods, and making healthier food swaps are all an important part of that. And, that’s exactly what we did with these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Normally I would have eaten a dish like this on a bed of rice. But, swap that rice out for lettuce and it’s really helpful where weight loss is concerned. And, using Weight Watchers is really helpful for identifying how making those healthier swaps make an impact!
I’ve been using Weight Watchers this year and following the points really helps make me more conscious about what I’m eating – which then helps me make better food choices. On the Points Plus, vegetables don’t have any points. So, the lettuce in this recipe is a freebie, whereas rice would very much NOT have been! It’s a tasty meal and I LOVE that it can be made in your crock pot! Here’s the slow cooker Thai Chicken recipe:
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 TBS Sriracha (if you don't like really spicy, start with 1 TBS, you can add more later)
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heaping TBS peanut butter (chunky or creamy, your choice!)
- 2 TBS chopped peanuts
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 8 whole lettuce leaves (I like romaine or bibb)
- In a large crock pot, place red peppers on the bottom, and the chicken breasts on top.
- In a small bowl mix with a whisk or fork: chicken broth, sriracha, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken/peppers in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred using 2 forks or stand mixer. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker. Add peanut butter and stir until melted and fully mixed. Cook 15 more minutes on high. Turn slow cooker off.
- Spoon chicken into lettuce wraps, top with peanuts and cilantro.
The recipe makes 4-6 servings (2 wraps per servings). Depending on how much Thai chicken you use, each serving has between 5-8 WW Points Plus. Definitely making this a great weeknight meal that tastes delicious, but helps you stay in line with your goals. And, that’s something I love about Weight Watchers – it’s flexible and you don’t have to give up all the foods/flavors you love (like peanuts! 😉 ).
And, right now is a GREAT time to get started with Weight Watchers with the special Join Free* Today and Lose 10lbs On Us** offer running April 28 – June 1st!
Here’s all the offer details:
*Starter Fee waived when you purchase select subscription plans by 6/1/15. Plans auto-renew monthly until you cancel. In participating areas only. **Lose at least 10 lbs within your first 2 months and get a refund of 2 months’ worth of applicable fees. Offer available to new members only. People following the Weight Watchers plan can expect to lose 1-2 lbs/wk. For Meetings: offer not available in all areas where meetings subscriptions are sold and is not available in AZ, ME and other non-participating franchise areas. Visit Weight Watchers for full details and to sign up.
What healthy food swaps do you like to do?Pin It