Peanut butter balls are a classic treat for many during the holiday season. And, there are SO many delicious versions out there! These combine two favorite cookie flavors (peanut butter & chocolate chip) into super tasty bites that are so easy to make — rich and peanut buttery with a nice simple crunch! There’s just three ingredients in this simple recipe.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package chocolate chip cookies (13 oz pkg or about 36 cookies). You want the crunchy cookies, not soft baked or chewy.
- Using your food processor, finely crush the entire package of cookies. You should have about 3 cups of finely crushed cookies.
- Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl with a spatula. Add 2 cups of crushed cookies. Reserve the 1 cup of cookies for later.
- Using a teaspoon size scoop (or roll by hand), shape the peanut butter mixture into balls and roll in remaining crushed cookies until evenly coated.
- Place finished balls onto waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours. Store balls covered in the refrigerator before serving.
You can make this ahead of time and store in the freezer. Serve frozen or thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Yum!!! Super tasty and easy- these are perfect for enjoying with your favorite cup of hot cocoa or coffee! Love a delicious no-bake treat!
What are your favorite holiday treats?
For more sweet treat ideas, you may enjoy these: