Do you have USA Soccer fever? My soccer-loving family certainly does! Yesterday’s tie with Portugal was exciting & heartbreaking all at the same time. We’re so hoping the USA advances out of this round! So, between all the excitement of the World Cup and 4th of July coming up, it’s the perfect time to make some patriotic treats! We just recently shared some simple & cute patriotic marshmallow pops and now I’ve got a tasty patriotic pretzel bark treat to share! Whether you’re hosting a little impromptu soccer watch party or planning a big 4th of July cookout, this pretzel bark is perfect! And, it’s so easy to whip up! You just need a few ingredients and a few minutes to make this. The combination of salty & sweet is always a good one! Here’s the “recipe”:
- 2 to 3 C pretzels, broken into small pieces
- 12 oz. Wilton blue chocolate candy melts
- Patriotic sprinkles
- 1 C red, white and blue chocolate candies (I bought the colors separate in the bulk section at my local grocery store, but you could also use M&M's and separate the colors)
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
- Spread the broken pretzel pieces & ½ C of the chocolate candies onto the lined lined baking sheet.
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Poor the melted chocolate evenly over the chocolate candy and pretzel mixture. Spread out with a spatula if needed.
- Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle on the remaining chocolate candies and the patriotic sprinkles.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge to set.
- Remove and break into smaller pieces and serve!
Isn’t it fun? Definitely perfect for any event where you’d like a fun patriotic treat. You could always change use a different color of chocolate (like red or white) and do a different variety of M&M’s too (I think peanut would be extra tasty in this). It’s easy to adjust and a great patriotic treat.
For more red, white, and blue ideas, you may want to check out these posts: