This easy one pot zucchini noodle skillet recipe cooks up quickly (perfect for busy weeknight meals) and simply with layers of flavor locked in – the Tuscan Way!
“Simplicity is the essence of great Italian food”. It’s what Francesco Bertolli said in 1865 and that holds true today. So, we partnered with the makers of Bertolli® sauce to share a delicious recipe with you that holds true to that ideal – a simple, uncomplicated way of cooking. Characterized by some basic principles – a few simple ingredients, uncomplicated recipes, cooked lightly, and layers of flavor – the Tuscan Way continues to inspire the Bertolli® brand today to create a bright and simple sauce. It’s also what inspired us to create our easy Tuscan Zucchini Noodle Skillet.
Yum! This light, fresh dinner can be cooked up in just about 10 minutes and only requires 5 main ingredients – zucchini, Italian sausage, mozzarella & Parmesan cheeses, and Bertolli red sauce. We used the Plus with the use of the zucchini noodles (aka “zoodles”), the meal is SO light & fresh Look at how pretty all those colors are! Love it! I also love that everything comes together nicely in just ONE pan. That means minimal dishes, which is always a win in my book! And because the zucchini noodles don’t take long to cook at all (plus, you do NOT want everything overcooked), it really is such an uncomplicated dish that you can pull together SO quickly! My kids LOVE helping make the “zoodles” too. So, they like being involved in making the dinner too!
Here’s the simple recipe:
- 1lb sweet Italian sausage
- 4-6 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 jar Bertolli red sauce
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (garnish/to taste)
- Wash & spiralize the zucchini. To release excess water, place zucchini noodles in a colander with a sprinkle of salt. Set aside while you cook the meat.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, brown the ground sausage. Once the sausage is done, add zucchini noodles*.
- Toss the zoodles with the meat for just 2-3 minutes (don't overcook the zucchini).
- Pour the jar of sauce over the mixture and stir in mozzarella.
- Add Parmesan to taste to serve.
This smells amazing while it’s cooking and tastes delicious! Gotta love a simple dinner that’s simple, easy-to-make, and delicious! Cooking The Tuscan Way really has such great principles – perfect for busy moms trying to put family meals on the table. Do you want more tips about The Tuscan Way? Be sure to visit the Bertolli Cooking School site to see how you can bring a little bit of Tuscany to your family table!
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with makers of Bertolli sauce. All opinions, experiences, recipe, and photographs are entirely my own.
Like it? Pin it!