Vinegar. It’s a fascinating liquid – it makes some foods taste awfully good and yet it’s something you can clean with too! I love that it’s non-toxic and safe to use around kids. I use it for everything – really! Suffice it to say, I’m a big fan! So, I’m excited today to partner with Four Monks™ Cleaning Vinegar, sharing this list with over 10+ awesome kitchen uses for cleaning with vinegar:
- Clean your kitchen sink – Spray on the vinegar, let sit for a few minutes, then wipe down. It helps loosen any icky food grime and takes of of odors.
- Kitchen garbage disposal/drain – Toss some baking soda down the drain, then add vinegar. The chemical reaction helps clean and eliminate odors. Then, flush the drains with hot water.
- Mop the floors – This is actually the only thing I’ve ever mopped our tile floors with. I mix about 1/2 C vinegar with about a gallon of warm water in a bucket. Mop the floors and let air dry. Easy peasy!
- Wash your windows & mirrors – This one was a tip from my mother-in-law. I had no idea that vinegar could be used to clean windows with streak free shine. Mix equal parts vinegar & water, spray on surface, wipe with newspapers or microfiber glass cloth. This works for the glass top stove too!
- Kill refrigerator odors – place a bowl of vinegar in the fridge and let it sit open overnight.
- Clean refrigerator- Make a half & half solution of vinegar and water to wipe down the shelves.
- Clean the dishwasher – Throw a cup of vinegar in an empty dishwasher and run a cycle. This helps remove food grime and any odors.
- Clean dishes with stuck-on food/stains/odors – We do this with some of our plastic dishes that might have food stains or some sort of crusted on food (this happens with smoothie straws and cups that don’t get washed soon enough). Soak in vinegar then rinse.
- Clean the kitchen counters – our counters are some very basic laminate/formica that stain way too easily. So I frequently wipe them done with vinegar!
- Remove hard water buildup – This might be my very favorite use for vinegar (outside of cooking)! Here in the Phoenix area we have HARD water. The calcium and minerals build-up on everything around here – shower heads, sink faucets, etc. We also have a water feature on our fridge and that builds up with calcium deposits too. And, it’s especially bad on our black fridge.
See?! Yikes!! That is BAD! I just sprayed some Four Monks™ Cleaning Vinegar on the problem areas and the then onto some paper towels to set on the spots. Let sit for a few minutes to an hour, then wipe the area down! Look at how much better it looks!!! It’s amazing how much nicer things look after such an easy cleaning solution! Love it! And I LOVE vinegar! One issue with vinegar for some though is the smell. I personally don’t mind it but the kids always make a big deal about it! Hahah! And, that’s one of the benefits of using Four Monks™ Cleaning Vinegar! It comes in two scents – aroma controlled and citrus mint. Both have a much less strong vinegar smell, yet can deep-clean with the same power. I especially loved citrus mint to clean the sink area! I love that it’s all-purpose, non-toxic, and safe for the entire family! In fact, it’s so safe that you can use it to wash your produce with! You can just spray Four Monks™ Cleaning Vinegar on, wipe, and then rinse with water. It helps get rid of any wax or dirty residue! You can pick up Four Monks™ Cleaning Vinegar at select grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide, including the vinegar aisle in Walmart Supercenters! On your next shopping trip, you can save $1.00 on any Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar with this coupon!
And remember, this list just barely scratched the surface of household uses for Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar! You can find a much larger household list here!
Have YOU tried Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar? What are your favorite household uses for vinegar?
Vinegar is the only cleaning product we use. I had no idea 4 monks made cleaning vinegar! And these tips are a few new ones I’ll be adding to my Arsenal.