As part of our #AvengerEvent & #ABCTVEvent press trip in Los Angeles, we had a special visit to the super secret MARVEL Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D set! I shared some fun photos from our top secret set visit here. And, as part of the fun, be sure to read my first Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cast interviews! We also had a blast getting to interview Ming-Na Wen (Melinda May) and Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson). They had SUCH great chemistry together and were so fun! Ming-Na even tweeted out about our interview with a photo of us! So fun!
Gr8 having all u awesome mommy & daddy bloggers visit #AgentsofSHIELD! So jealous u saw MELINDA ep & Ultron! #lucky pic.twitter.com/0rp3bE8eng
— Ming-Na Wen (@MingNa) April 11, 2015
Clark Gregg even had some time to take group photos with us! And, we all got to sit at Coulson’s desk to conduct some not-so-official S.H.I.E.L.D business! 😉 Or is it even S.H.I.E.L.D anymore?! Hmmmm….we’ll just have to keep watching to figure it all out.
We learned SO much about the show during our time on set. And, in addition to the first set of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cast interviews and getting to talk with Ming-Na Wen (Melinda May) and Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson), we also had the pleasure of sitting down with Jeffrey Bell & Jed Whedon. These guys are two of the main creative directors (writers/producers/etc) that bring Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to life (side note- Jed’s brother, Joss Whedon, was heavily involved until making Age of Ultron). From our exclusive interviews we learned all kinds on interesting info about the show. So, here are five fun Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D facts that we learned:
- Actors do NOT know much back story or details on their character. We learned this in the first interview, but Ming-Na confirmed the same thing: “They gave me the name of my character and that I was an agent of SHIELD and that, uh, you know, she left the field for a reason and was– that– that’s about it. Really, I didn’t get very much.”
- Stunts on the show are a very collaborative effort. Some scenes might have two or three stunt doubles just for one actor/actress. Ming-Na says, “I learn the entire choreography of every single fight scene. And the only thing that I don’t do are the more dangerous things where it’s the wire works. And, you know, you’re being pulled across a room or you have to smash into a wall.“
- There’s hope for Avengers cameos! Clark was quick to say that he is “always happy when those friends come to play.” Jeff & Jed added to that idea too: “There’s fun to be had with all of them” with Jed also sharing, “That is always a possibility. It would be cool if that happens.” No hints beyond that though, as they said, “that falls in the category of
questions we can’t answer.“
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has an intense schedule. “We start June first and the writers room broke today [early April]. Then Jed and Marissa and I will be here until the second week of May finishing the episodes and then for two weeks we go crazy and sleep and then we come back June first should they say hey, let’s do this again.” How these guys get any sleep or get to do anything outside of this job, I have no idea! SUPER busy & intense!
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is part of the MARVEL puzzle. We learned that the writers & producers of the show do have free reign when it comes to the show, but obviously they are still limited by some things. “We definitely have free reign but it does limit us in that we can’t kill Captain America like we plan to each week. No, you know, obviously there’s guidelines. They have these huge temples and we sort of move between them. There are things that are off limit to us for sure because they have either big plans for them or have already shot stuff that’s gonna use them. But, we don’t feel limited by it. It’s sort of a fun puzzle for us and, you know, we get big toys to play with because of it. So, you know, it’s sort of a privilege to live in that universe.”
And you do NOT want to miss AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D TONIGHT on ABC!!! It’s the Season 2 Finale and it’s going to be a doozy! We actually got to watch them shoot part of the finale, so I am SO excited to see it!
MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. – “S.O.S.,” Part One and Part Two” – S.H.I.E.L.D. puts everything on the line to survive a war that blurs the line between friend and foe. Coulson and his team will be forced to make shocking sacrifices that will leave their relationships and their world changed forever, on the two-hour season finale of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” TUESDAY, MAY 12 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC. Be sure to check out MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. on their social channels for even more fun: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Disclosure: Disney hosted me in LA in order to attend the film screenings and to participate in group interviews & media events. As always, all opinions, experiences, and love of Disney are entirely my own! All photos above are courtesy of ABC/Adam Taylor!