Have you ever done a mud run or obstacle course run? I completed my very first one last weekend with my friend, Sara from Clever Pink Pirate!…
The Lozilu 5k Women’s Mud Run
Talk about an experience!! Last month’s 5k was the first event I’d ever done! So, this was super different. It was challenging, scary, muddy, gross, exhausting, supportive, and so totally fun! Here’s a look at our day…
We started the day so nice & clean! 😉 And, with a bit of nervous energy, we watched the wave before us carefully run down a rather steep hill and straight into the first mud pit! We then took our spot in the starting gates…and off we went! After that first mud pit seen above, the first major obstacle we came to were the “tan lines”! And, they were SO scary! I was a fear of heights in certain situations, and a REALLY big fear of falling. I had no problem scaling up it, but at the top, it was awkward moving your body to go over and climb back down. At 8 and 10 feet tall, it was NO joke and I was SO close to calling it quits. But, everyone was SO supportive (which is one of the extra cool things about this all women’s race) and both Sara and I made it over!Whew! Once that one was over, we made it through a ton of various obstacles–uneven terrain, giant hills (the course was on a motocross track), walls to climb over, balance beams to go across, things to crawl under & through…And then, there was the mud! Lots and lots of mud- thigh deep in some places! So crazy!! One of our favorite obstacles was the “fish nets”. It was 15 feet tall!! But, maneuvering over wasn’t as scary as the “tan lines”. Both Sara and I got it done, no problem! 🙂 And, last, but definitely not least, our other favorite (and one of the messiest)…the “Slip ‘n Slide” into a mud pit! So fun! Cheers to us for finishing! 😉 Totally awesome, right?!
If you’re thinking about doing a mud run or have a different 5k experience, I HIGHLY recommend the LoziLu for a few key reasons:
- Women only. No feeling extra self-conscious or added doses of testosterone on the course! 😉
- All fitness levels welcome. There were ALL shapes & sizes on this course! As long as you can walk 3 miles, you can do this!
- Obstacles optional. We did every obstacle but one (it was a wall-scaling one that neither of us had the arm strength to pull ourselves up and over). But, there was no ridicule, no issues with not completing it. We tried it and moved on. I LOVE this no pressure feel!
- Professional photographers. The majority of the photos above were from our phones. However, there were photographers on course & at the “red carpet” after the event. So, even if you don’t want to risk carrying your phone or camera like we did, it’s likely that you’ll get at least a couple of fun shots of yourself!
- After party. Snacks at the finish, drinks, vendors, and a live band made for a fun way to celebrate.
- “The Salon”. Ok, so it wasn’t some fancy salon. But, there was a designated spot to rinse off everything and a large changing tent. It was great having this so we could get at least a little cleaned up (muddy stuff in garbage sacks) before we headed to lunch!
Sounds great, right?! Want to try it for FREE?! 😉 If you live near (or will be visiting LA, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Charlotte, Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, DC, Boston, St. Louis, Austin, and/or Denver), then enter the giveaway!!! (Click here for location details —> LoziLu locations)
One lucky Mom Endeavors’ reader will receive a race bib to the LoziLu 2013 event of your choice!!
Use the Rafflecopter form below to submit entries (give the form a minute to load if you don’t see it right away). Complete as many (or as few) tasks as you like. ONE LUCKY WINNER gets the bib!! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want another chance to win? Go enter on Clever Pink Pirate!
Find the future run dates and locations here or just visit LoziLu.com to find out more and purchase your ticket! You can also keep up with LoziLu on Facebook and twitter!
Disclosure: I was provided with a complimentary race bib for the event. However, all my opinions, experiences, and muddy fun are entirely my own!!