Mmmm…I LOVE lemon flavored treats! They’re some of my very favorites, especially during the spring and summer months. I also love “snacky” food. Crunchy, sweet, and salty is always a win for me! So I love various Chex cereal treats and muddy buddies are an especially tasty sweet treat. The normal version (aka “puppy chow”) is a tasty chocolatey, peanut butter concoction. But, we’ve got a fun twist today – PERFECT for those of you who love lemon!
Lemon Muddy Buddy Recipe
- 12 oz packge of Wilton white chocolate candy melts
- 8 C. Chex cereal (I prefer Rice, but pick whatever you’d like)
- 1 box of lemon cake mix, any brand
- 2 large Ziploc-type bags
- Pour the candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments until completely melted. This takes about 2-2.5 minutes in my microwave.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the top of the cereal. Using a large spoon, stir the chocolate and cereal together to evenly coat the cereal.
- Divide the lemon cake mix evenly between the 2 resealable bags.
- Pour the chocolate coated cereal into the bags. Seal the bags and shake to completely coat the cereal with lemon cake mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool and store in an airtight container.