I’m so excited to share this hot loaded baked potato dip with you today! It’s the perfect football food and sure to be a hit at any party!
Mmmmmm! This dip is SO good! When you serve this warm dip up with a side of french fries (or even just some potato chips), you have ALL the flavors of a baked potato or potato skins without all the work! Potato skins are a favorite appetizer for many – especially perfect for your football game food spread. But, potato skins can take some serious time and effort to make. So, this dip is a perfect alternative. Plus, it makes enough to feed a crowd!YUM! It smells divine while cooking and the end result is perfect for a party In addition to the great flavor, the simplicity of the recipe is great too! You only need 5 main ingredients to make this a hit. For the base, we used cottage cheese and sour cream from our sponsor Shamrock Farms. We love using Shamrock Farms products as they’re made with with pure, wholesome milk containing no added growth hormones. They’re a local company for us (Arizona family-owned) and we love supporting local! You can even take a tour of their working dairy farm here (during October – May). See?! SO simple! Plus, I love using the cottage cheese as it gives the dish a nice protein boost (since a single serving has up to 13 grams of protein)! In addition to the sour cream and cottage cheese, you just need your other typical baked potato “fixings”. Then, you just mix everything together in a baking dish and then you have one rich, delicious dip! SO easy to make and sooooooo good! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 1 (16oz) container cottage cheese
- 1 (16oz) container sour cream
- 1 lb (16 oz) package bacon, cooked & chopped (approx. 1 C bacon crumbles)
- 2 C shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 heaping TBSP chives, chopped
- ¼-1/2 tsp black pepper
- ¼- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven-safe baking dish, combine all the ingredients reserving approximately 1 TBSP chives, ¼ C chopped bacon, and ¾ C shredded cheddar.
- Stir mixture until well combined. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling and melted.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining chives.
- Serve warm with french fries, potato wedges, or ruffled potato chips.
NOM! With a big football game coming up soon, be sure to pin this recipe and then head to the store to pick up your ingredients! It is definitely the perfect football food recipe – sure to score a touchdown with your friends & family!!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.