These delicious cookies are rich in peanut butter flavor, chewy, and delicious! They’re also completely gluten-free!
Yum! Don’t they look tasty?! If you’re a fan of peanut butter, you’re going to LOVE these cookies! Not only are they super delicious, but I love how simple they are to make. It doesn’t get much more simple than just 4 ingredients! No flour even – so these are great for all of our gluten free friends! All you need is peanut butter, sugar, an egg, and some chocolate chips! SO easy that you probably have all the ingredients in the house right now!
Just be sure to not over-bake these cookies, as they’ll end up rather crumbly. It might take a little trial and error to find the perfect cooking time for your particular oven. Here, 11 minutes seems about perfect for a cookie that is a little crispy around the edges but is still chewy.
Also, once the cookies finish baking, be sure to give them time to cool before you try to eat/serve as they do need time to set and cool completely (about 10-15 minutes). Here’s the easy recipe:
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar for cookie tops
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the egg and sugar until the eggs are light in color.
- Add the peanut butter, and stir to thoroughly combine. Then, fold in the chocolate chips to the dough.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out approximately one tablespoon of dough, gently rolling it into a ball. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, repeating until all dough is used.
- Dip the top of each cookie in the sugar. Then, press a fork into the dough to make a "crisscross" design on top (which will also help flatten out the cookie some).
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes (or until the edges start to look dry).
- Remove from the oven and allow them to completely cool before handling, about 10-15 minutes.
- Eat & enjoy!!! (Store in an air-tight container for up to five days)
For more tasty peanut butter desserts, check these recipes out: