This creamy vegetable soup is great comfort food that doesn’t take long to make! I’m thrilled to share the easy recipe with you today as part of a sponsored #FreezerFreshIdeas partnership with Kroger.
Soups make for such a great family meal – especially during the cold winter months! But soup can sometimes be rather involved to make or just take too long on busy family weeknights. That’s not the case with this recipe though! The secret is using frozen vegetables to save yourself a bunch of chopping time. It’s SOOOooo easy! Frozen vegetables are just so totally convenient that I always keep some on hand in the freezer. They’re easy to prepare and affordable, so frozen items often help me get a healthy dinner on the table in a pinch. In this soup, we used Birds Eye® Baby Broccoli Florets and Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Pure & Simple Mixed Vegetables. But, you really could use any vegetables you like! With the frozen veggies, potatoes, and cheese, this soup is packed full or vegetables and is big on creaminess. It’s like potato soup meets a mild broccoli cheese soup – delish comfort food that doesn’t take too long to make. It’s hearty and I love that it’s one the kids will gobble up too! Here’s the easy recipe:
Easy Creamy Vegetable Soup
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 C chopped onion fresh or frozen
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 C celery chopped 2-3 stalks
- 4-5 small yukon gold potatoes chopped (approx 4 cups)
- 1 bag 12oz frozen baby broccoli florets
- 2 bags 10z frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, and green beans)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 C chicken broth
- 3 C milk
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onions, garlic and celery.
- While that cooks, wash & chop potatoes.
- Add potatoes and all bags of frozen vegetables into the pot. Cover with chicken broth, a pinch of salt & pepper, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reduce heat & cover with lid, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While that simmers, shred cheese (if necessary) and cube cream cheese. Stir cornstarch into milk until well-combined.
- Once veggies are tender, add cheeses and milk to the soup. Stir until melted & well-combined.
- *Optional - Use a immersion hand blender to blend some of the vegetables for a smoother, less chunky texture.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
Yum! It’s super tasty and super easy to make with the help of the frozen vegetables! For more great ideas, be sure to check out Kroger’s www.freezerfreshideas.com site. It’s full of coupons and recipe inspiration – you’re sure to find something that your family will love!
What Freezer Fresh Recipe Idea would you make first?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.