We’re so excited to share this fun DIY patriotic table centerpiece today as part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Skittles. All opinions are mine alone. #SkittlesAmericaMix #tastetherainbow #CollectiveBias Are you ready for summer? We certainly are! For the summer months, I love decorating with red, white, and blue! It just seems especially easy and perfect with patriotic holidays like Memorial Day and 4th of July. So, we’ve got a fun patriotic partially edible centerpiece idea that combines a great floral look with fun red, white, and blue candy, specifically Skittles America Mix. How fun is this?! I love the unique colors in the Skittles America Mix – perfect for all your summer patriotic holiday needs! Just layering the red, white, and blue Skittles in a dish like this would make for some fun edible decór. But, I wanted to take it a step further and add some summery flowers, making it a beautiful summer centerpiece for any occasion! It’s SO easy to make too, with just a few supplies:
DIY Patriotic Centerpiece
- 1 medium-large clear cylindrical vase
- 1 smaller cylindrical glass/vase approximately same height as larger vase
- 1-2 bags Skittles America Mix (41oz) -available for purchase on Amazon Prime
- Red, white, or blue flowers of your choice (real or fake can both work)
- small American flag
- Starting by sorting the Skittles into separate dishes by colors. We did notice that there were the most blue , then red, then white. So keep that in mind for your project. Depending on the size of your vases, you may need more than one bag.
- Arrange the vases by putting the smaller vase (or glass in my case) inside the center of the larger one. If you’re using real flowers, fill the inside vase about half full with water. If you’re using fake flowers, fill with some flower foam.
- Cover that inside vase with your hand (or some cling wrap) while you fill the larger vase with the Skittles. Start with a layer of red, then add the white Skittles, and finally the blue. Make sure to fill with the candy right up to the top.
- Then add your flowers to the inside vase (cut the flowers down as desired). If you’d like, you can add an American flag for some extra patriotic flair.
That’s it! Super easy to put together and perfect for your patriotic tablescapes – a great way to make your summer festivities that much sweeter! I love the way it turned out! What really makes this project easy is that you can order your Skittles America Mix on Amazon Prime. I LOVE ordering on Amazon Prime and having things just show up on my doorstep – it’s SO convenient!
So, be sure to order the limited edition Skittles America Mix and then get your patriotic creativity on! What red, white, and blue creation would you make?