It’s NO secret that we are HUGE Star Wars fans! In fact, we may have seen Star Wars The Force Awakens in theaters 4 times!! 😉 So, we were excited to see fun limited edition glow-in-the-dark Star Wars The Force Awakens wall decals available exclusively in General Mills Big G cereals and are thrilled to partner with them on this fun project today! If you’ve got Star Wars fans at home, they’d love receiving (and/or making) their own DIY Star Wars canvas art!
In stores throughout the entire galaxy you can look for specially marked boxes of General Mills Big G Cereals, featuring limited edition glow-in-the-dark Star Wars decals! SO fun!! Currently, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, Cheerios and Cheerios Multi Grain include the exclusive decals – with six different decals in all! The decals feature a variety of characters (from the Dark Side and the Light) including R2-D2 & C-3PO, Chewbacca, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma and a First Order Stormtrooper. Aren’t those fun?! We’re of course BIG fans of the BB-8 decal especially (since our littlest guy was even BB-8 for Halloween)! Not only do the decals feature fun characters, but they are repositionable so you don’t need to worry about annoying sticker residue. AND…the decals glow in the dark!!! SO fun and perfect for getting creative with!!!
Making a canvas like this is SO easy! You’ll just need a few supplies and your fun new decals!
- Limited edition Star Wars decals
- Blank canvas (any size you want! Ours is 8×10)
- Black Paint
- Glow-in-the-dark fabric paint (think “puff paint”)
- Glow-in-the-dark stars
1. Start by painting your canvas black. I preferred a more distressed look, so I did some splotchy brush strokes and didn’t do a second coat. If you’d like solid black, just do 2-3 coats!
2. Cut the BB-8 decal out so that you have only the droid. Then, using another character decal, cut out the Star Wars The Force Awakens words. Stick those on to the canvas where you’d like them.
3. Using the glow-in-the-dark fabric paint, write or draw on your canvas. You can aslo add some of the fabric paint to your decals if you’d like to give them a little texture/depth/more glow!
4. Add glow-in-the-dark stars. If yours aren’t self-adhesive, then use some glue or glue dots to attach the stars.
5. Hang in a fun place and enjoy!!
This goes perfectly in our Star Wars playroom!! And the kids think it’s pretty fun! So, plan to do a fun craft with the kids using the decals – sure to make you the coolest mom in the galaxy!
To REALLY go the extra mile, you could surprise your kids with a whole fun Star Wars themed breakfast using the cereals! So, start with breakfast and then have a craft morning! So fun!
For more information & fun ideas from General Mills Big G Cereals, be sure to follow them on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and the General Mills website. For more fun DIY ideas using the decals, you can follow the #BigGCereal and #TheForceAwakens tags on social media!
Compensation was provided by General Mills via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of General Mills or Momtrends.