Welcome to the College Football Tailgate Link Party! I can’t believe the season is just about over! And, it does finish with a bang! There are SO many good games on this weekend, with two FULL days of college football. Nebraska played yesterday (and beat the Iowa Hawkeyes), as did the Arizona teams. The “duel in the desert” is a BIG rivalry game here. No matter what team you cheer for though, today’s project is sure to work well for your tailgating & watch parties!
A few weeks ago for our fun Nebraska tailgate watch party, I made some of these football party canisters–perfect for holding utensils and treats! There were easy to make and seem like they are going to hold up well for many uses!
To make some of your own football canisters, you’ll need:
- Large clean, tin cans
- Scrapbooking paper (I used a leather looking piece for the football & team paper for the other two).
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- Mod Podge & brush
- Wrap the paper around the canister to size and cut accordingly.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge all over the can and apply the paper.
- Apply a thing layer of Mod Podge all over the paper.
- For the football canister, apply cut strips of white paper to look like the laces & design of a football.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the white strips.
Once dry, you’ll have some great canisters that you can reuse for tailgating or any of your football parties! The Mod Podge really helps the paper hold up, so they should last for some time! 🙂
Now it’s YOUR turn…
Link as many posts as you like, just please be sure to link back to https://www.momendeavors.com or grab the button (code is on the right side-bar)!
College Football Saturday Tailgate Link Party
YIKES Nebraskas xoundly defeated Iowa.