We’re headed to Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland for the first time and couldn’t be more excited! Even adults are allowed to dress-up for this #HalloweenTime fun (something that’s normally not allowed at Disney Parks). We LOVE doing family-themed Halloween costumes ( we’ve already done pirates (twice), Star Wars, Nemo/Snorkeling, a bug theme, and Monsters University last year)! So naturally, we needed another good Disney theme since we’ll ALL be dressing up for the Halloween party fun. In a house of all boys, we need a lot of male character inspiration since princess dresses are pretty much out (except for me, of course). So, I decided to round up some of my favorite DIY Disney character costume ideas for boys.
Aren’t all those costumes adorable? Obviously, many of these characters are beloved by girls too – and girls can absolutely dress up as these characters too (in fact there is one adorable little girl featured above). But, as the mama of all boys, this list is full of our favorite male characters! All of the costumes below are DIY in nature, with varying levels of difficulty. Some you could throw together in under an hour and some require mad sewing skills. But, all are AWESOME! Click the links below to be taken to the costume tutorial directions and pin your favorites!
- No-Sew Kristoff from Frozen (pictured above)
- Olaf from Frozen (pictured above)
- Cubby from Jake & the Never Land Pirates (pictured above)
- Skully from Jake & the Never Land Pirates
- DIY Darth Maul Star Wars Costume
- Simple Sven from Frozen
- Jolly Holiday Bert from Mary Poppins
- Flynn Rider from Tangled (pictured above)
- Pascal from Tangled
- Dusty from Planes
- El Chupacabra from Planes (pictured above)
- DIY Mickey Mouse Costume
- Prince Charming from Cinderella
- Gus Gus from Cinderella
- No-Sew Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story (pictured above)
- Woody from Toy Story (pictured above)
- Green Army Man from Toy Story (pictured above)
- Dash from The Incredibles
- Syndrome from The Incdredibles (pictured above)
- Captain America Costume
- Pinocchio Costume
- Russell & Mr. Fredericksen from UP!
- Fix-It-Felix and Wreck-it Ralph
- Jedi Costume from Star Wars (pictured above)
- Baby Chewbacca from Star Wars
- Toddler Ewok from Star Wars
- Peter Pan Costume (pictured above)
- Peter Pan’s Shadow
- Mr. Smee from Peter Pan/Jake & the Never Land Pirates
- Easy Jake Pirates Costume
So many adorable ideas! The creativity is amazing – love DIY costumes!
What Disney character costume is your favorite?
For more DIY Disney costume ideas and inspiration, be sure to check out the following: