Do you love Disney’s The Lion King?! The animated classic is one of my all-time favorites and is now the fifth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney. Featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations, The Lion King Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray (affiliate link) is available for purchase now! We were thrilled to get a review copy to have on Blu-ray at home! To add to the movie watching fun, we have some free printable coloring pages to enjoy! Disney has put together some fun printable coloring pages, activity sheets, recipes, and craft ideas. Just click through the different activity buttons below to print whatever you’d like! You’re sure to find something fun!
Love it! For some extra special movie night fun, you could also try making some cute Lion Cookie Pops or some easy Grub Snacks to slurp up! Mmmmm!
So, be sure to buy your The Lion King Signature Collection on Blu-Ray/DVD (affiliate link) and print whichever printables you like! We LOVE having the movie at home! And not only is the movie itself fabulous, but we also think the bonus features you get on the Blu-ray are so much fun!
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion Kingexperiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
We especially love all the song selections and the sing-a-long version! It’s like having an extra special soundtrack right on your tv!!! So fun!!!