There’s been SO much excitement about the March 18th DVD release of Disney’s FROZEN. BUT…another great Disney movie hit store shelves the same day– Saving Mr. Banks! Did you see the movie in theaters? If you’re curious, you can read my review of Saving Mr. Banks here!
I really enjoyed the movie and so love some of the special bonus features! Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find on the Saving Mr. Banks Blu-ray…
- The Walt Disney Studios: From Poppins to Present (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – Join Director John Lee Hancock on a tour of the Disney Studios lot, reflect on studio life during the making of Mary Poppins, and discover how Walt’s creative spirit still flourishes today.
- Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – Cast and crew sing break out in a rousing, heartfelt tribute to Composer Richard Sherman on the last day of filming.
- Deleted Scenes
- Stargaze (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – A picture on Walt’s desk leads to a flashback of Pamela’s childhood.
- Nanny Song (Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD) – The Sherman Brothers perform a song for Pamela that she is less than thrilled with.
- Pam Leaves (Blu-ray & Digital HD) – After yet another disagreement with Walt, Pamela leaves his office and heads for the airport.
I love learning more about Disney history (like when I got to tour the Disney Animation Research Library), so I especially like the The Walt Disney Studios: From Poppins to Present feature. Here’s a little snippet of that:
Very cool! Didn’t Tom Hanks do such a great job as Walt Disney?! It’s amazing seeing that old footage of Disney. And, for more historical/nostalgic Disney fun, how about some 1960s-era Saving Mr. Banks-inspired recipes?! You could put in the movie and enjoy a hot bowl of Walt’s family chili recipe!
Did YOU like Saving Mr. Banks?
Disclosure: We received a copy of the dvd for the purposes of this coverage. All opinions and experiences are 100% my own.