Our Disney trip countdown is getting low in numbers and we’re gearing up for a fun trip to Walt Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms conference! One of the many fun things about a trip to Disney is all the fun food and tasty treats! One of our favorites are Mickey rice krispies treats!! They are super tasty & easy for the kids to eat in the parks! But…they’re also REALLY easy to make at home! In fact, we made a whole batch to take with us on our trip (saves money that way, but is still lots of fun)!
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (about 6 cups)
- Rice Krispies cereal (about 6 cups)
- chocolate candy bark/candy melts
- large Mickey cookie cutter (*affiliate link)
- Mickey sprinkles (*affiliate link)
- popsicle sticks
You’ll start by making a batch of rice krispies treat – easy peasy! To make them thicker like the ones at Disneyland or Disney World, put one batch in a 9×9 pan (or double the recipe). Spread everything out in the pan to get a nice even layer. Once cool, use the large Mickey cookie cutter to get the Mickey head shape (I could get about 4 from one batch in the 9×9 pan) and insert popsicle sticks into the bottom of the heads (use a little melted chocolate to help stick if needed).
At this point, you could just be done and leave them plain. Disney does sell large ones just plain like this. But, I think the chocolate dipped ones with sprinkles are a bit more fun. Just melt your chocolate candy bark according to package directions. The trick to getting the chocolate ears line nice & straight is to put the chocolate in a baggie (or piping bag) and actually piping the chocolate one. Then fill in & spread around the edges! Top with sprinkles as desired! So easy to make and a fun way to involve kids in the kitchen! These are perfect for making to bring with you on a Disney trip…or they’d be great to make any time you just need some Disney magic at home! So fun!
Now…how about some more Mickey fun foods and Disney copycat recipes?! I’ve teamed up with a group of fellow Disney Social Media Moms conference attendees to bring you some other delicious ways you can have a taste of Disney at home!
- Mickey Soft Pretzels from Liz on Call
- Cape May Cafe Breakfast Pizza from See Vanessa Craft
- Olaf’a White Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Marshmellows from It’s a Lovely Life!
- BB-8 Star Wars Cupcakes from Desert Chica
- Churro Rice Crispy Treats from Cute as a Fox
- Mickey Mouse Strawberry Pastries from Pink Cake Plate
- Cheesy Bacon Potatoes Inspired by Chef Mickey’s from Brought to You by Mom
- Mickey’s Churro Cookies from As The Bunny Hops
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake (50’s Prime Time Cafe) from How Does Your Garden Grow?
What is your favorite Disney food?
For even more Disney fun foods, check out these posts:Pin It