– Cut a piece off one end (where you will attach the end) and attach that cut piece (with some frosting) to the back for the tail:
– Using one of the cake halves left, cut a circle out from the center for the head. Attach with frosting. Use the pieces left over from either side of your cuts to make bunny “haunches”.
– Using the last half, carve out 2 bunny ear shapes, like this:
– To make sure the ears stay in place, put 8 toothpicks into the cake, starting at the head:
– Smear a generous amount of frosting to the sides and bottom of the ears (to help hold everything in place) and put the ears onto the toothpicks:
– Frost the cake. (You don’t really need to worry about a crumb coat or appearance). Then, gently pat on coconut for the bunny’s fur. Push in jelly beans for the face.
– For the grass, put coconut in a baggy (or just use the coconut bag), add green food coloring, and shake it up!! Mix until coconut is green and then spread around your bunny. Add some “eggs” and voila…