A delicious cherry slab pie recipe – for an easier way to serve up pie for parties or holidays. MMmmmmm! Cherry pie! It’s one of my very favorites! Regular pie, hand pies, slab pie – I do love a good pie! They all basically taste the same, the difference is just in the presentation. They’re all equally tasty! But, oh my, doesn’t that look good?! YUM! With its beautiful red colors, cherry pie is perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and 4th of July! And a slab pie is great just as a different/easier way to serve. You throw it right in a baking pan and then can just cut squares (slabs) instead of the traditional pie slices. Easy peasy! If you don’t want to bother with homemade dough, you can certainly do pre-made. But, we’ve included a simple crust recipe just in case! Here’s the recipe:
Cherry Slab Pie
- 2-2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 3-6 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, butter and 3 tablespoons of water into a food processor.
- Process for 10 seconds. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, processing at least 10 seconds after each addition. When a dough begins to form, remove from processor.
- Divide dough in half and roll out one square onto a lightly floured surface. Place into square baking pan. Press dough into pan making sure it comes up the sides about an inch.
- Spoon cherry filling onto dough.
- Roll out remaining dough onto a flat surface and cut into 10, 1/2" strips. Place five strips onto the top of the filling. Fold every other strip back. Lay the first strip across in the opposite direction.
- Continue this pattern, folding back every other strip each time you add a strip.
- Trim the ends with a knife and press together with a fork to seal the strips to the bottom of the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.
Delish! So try this for your next big party, potluck, or holiday meal! It’s sure to be a hit!