This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Klement’s Sausage. All opinions are 100% mine.
This one pan cheesy sausage, potato, & broccoli skillet is perfect for a quick and delicious meal! Family meals are so important! But with busy schedules that can sometimes be hard to do! Homework, school events, projects, soccer practice, church, etc – it can get hectic really quickly. So, I often like trying to find meals that are quick, easy-to-make, and something everyone will like. This one pan skillet dinner filled with cheesy sausage, potatoes, and broccoli is a perfect example of that! This meal is ready in under 30 minutes and is one that the whole family can enjoy! Yum!!! Doesn't it look tasty? The key ingredient in this dish is Klement's Cheddar Bratwurst! It's SO good! The dish cooks up beautifully using Klement’s Sausage (which is fully cooked and hardwood-smoked)! The delicious flavor of the brats is perfect in this dish that really has all the makings of a true family "comfort food" meal. That's fitting because the rich taste of Klement's authentic, European handcrafted sausage has been bringing people together for generations! In addition to the great taste of this family meal and the quick cooking time, I love this dish because it's cooks up in just one pan! it's a HUGE bonus when I can cut down on the number of dishes to clean! You'll start by adding the sausage and onions. Then, you'll add in diced up potatoes. Then, finally, you'll add broccoli and cheese. Few ingredients, easy-to-make, one pan, great taste – that's a huge win in my book! Here's the easy recipe:
Cheesy Sausage, Potato, and Broccoli Skillet
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 medium sweet onion about 1/2 cup, diced
- One package Klement's Cheddar Bratwurst cut
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 5-6 medium Yukon gold potatoes cubed
- Approx. 4 cups small broccoli florets or 1 12-16oz package frozen broccoli florets
- 1.5 Cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add diced onions.
- While onions cook, cut sausage in half (lengthwise) and then cut crosswise slices.
- Add sausage to skillet for 3-5 minutes, allowing it to just start to brown.
- Add cubed potatoes and broth to skillet. Stir to combine, then cover and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes (just until potatoes just start to get tender).
- Stir in broccoli and simmer an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Then stir in about half the shredded cheese. Put the remaining cheese on top and cover to melt for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yum! This dish is SO good – perfect for enjoying a tasty meal with you loved ones, even on the busiest of days!! For more recipe ideas using Klement's Sausage, you can check out these Dinner Links! And stay tuned to the #WhatsCookingWednesday hashtag on social media, where a new recipe option is featured weekly, as part of "What’s Cooking Wednesday" for readers to try during the week! Let us know if you try one! ENJOY!