If you’ve never made your own granola, you HAVE to try it! It is SO easy! Plus, making homemade granola is soooo much cheaper than buying it at the store! While there are SO many different variations and granola recipes out there, the basic premise is always about the same. You start out with some basic dry ingredients (like oats), mix with some sweetener(s)/spices, and bake. Really, it’s super easy! Doesn’t it look good? I think this one is the perfect, simple base granola to start out with – especially if you’ve never made it before. It’s SO tasty and so easy! And it smells amazing while it’s baking! When you’re done, you’ll have two big pans of great-tasting granola for a fraction of the cost of store-bought. It’s delicious on top of yogurt or ice cream, mixed in trail mix, or to make granola bars with! Mmmmm! And, it was the PERFECT topping for these delicious peach crisp parfaits!!!! So good!!
Honey Nut Granola Recipe
With its mild, neutral flavors, you could add just about any ingredients you want to this to spruce it up, but I happen to think it’s pretty good as is! I love that it doesn’t take long to make either! Here’s the simple recipe:
Basic Honey Nut Granola
- 4 C old fashion rolled oats
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1 C chopped almonds
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well then pour into oat mixture.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients. Then spread mixture onto two rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and continue baking another 15 minutes (or until golden).
- Remove from oven and let cool, stirring occasionally as the mixture cools. It will gradually harden as it cools.
Happy granola making! What are YOUR favorite uses for granola?!
Like it? Pin it!