This basic honey nut granola recipe makes the perfect simple granola! Use it as is or as a base to add additional ingredients too! If you’ve never made your own granola, you HAVE to try it! It is SO easy! And SOooooo much cheaper than buying it at the store! There are so many variations and different recipes out there. But this one is the perfect, simple base granola to start out with. It’s SO tasty and so easy! Yum! Doesn’t it look good?! It sure smells tasty while it’s baking (and tastes SO good)! With its mild, neutral flavors, you could add just about any ingredients you want to this to spruce it up – dried fruit, extra nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc. But, I happen to think it’s pretty good as is! Here’s the simple recipe:
- 4 C old fashion rolled oats
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1 C chopped almonds
- ½ C melted butter
- ½ C honey
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well then pour into oat mixture.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients. Then spread mixture onto two rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and continue baking another 15 minutes (or until golden).
- Remove from oven and let cool, stirring occasionally as the mixture cools. It will gradually harden as it cools.
Doesn’t get much easier than that, right?! You’ve got two big pans of granola for a fraction of the cost of the store that tastes great! It’s delicious on top of yogurt or ice cream, mixed in trail mix, or to make granola bars with! Mmmmm! And, it was the PERFECT topping for these delicious peach crisp parfaits!!!! So good!!
What are YOUR favorite uses for granola?!