Let’s face it – date night is important! So today I’m thrilled to share with you a few at-home date night tips thanks to a sponsored partnership with Breyers Gelato Indulgences and the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. Date night is really important. But as parents with young kids, life often gets in the way. Busy schedules, jobs, finding a babysitter, etc – it’s often MUCH easier (and better for the wallet) to just stay at home. Staying in though doesn’t have to be boring. You can just make it an at-home date night instead!
Tip 1: Carve Out Some Time. A date doesn’t have to be hours and hours. But, make it a real date by actually carving out some designated time – whatever time you’ve got. 30 minutes of quality date night time is better than nothing! Actually marking it down on the calendar might help!
Tip 2: Get Creative. Let’s face it, a lot of couples’ “quality time” involves just being in the same room with each other. But, that’s not exactly a date night. So, get creative and actually make it a DATE. Create some date night ambiance with music or candles; try a new movie/game/book/activity/food – make it more special than just sitting on the couch together!
Tip 3: Talk to Each Other! We love doing at-home movie date nights, but try to build in some conversation time. Actually make some time to talk to each other – about something other than the kids!! If you were going out on a date night, there would be conversation in the car, at dinner, etc. So, try to build some of that time in to your at-home date too!
Tip 4: Have Good Food/Drinks. Creating an at-home date night may be as simple as just enjoying a special treat together. I mean, you can’t go wrong with a gelato date night can you? We recently did that for an at-home date night with Breyers Gelato Indulgences! Although eating gelato on a romantic trip in Rome sounds like the best way to go, that isn’t feasible right now. A gelato date at home was a much more realistic way to go – and was still super tasty!
Breyers Gelato Indulgences is available in eight deliciously indulgent flavors:
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Vanilla Caramel features creamy vanilla gelato topped with luscious caramel sauce and gourmet caramelly curls
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Raspberry Cheesecake features cheesecake gelato topped with luscious raspberry sauce and gourmet graham crumble
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Tiramisu features mascarpone gelato topped with espresso sauce, ladyfinger cookie pieces and sprinkled with gourmet cocoa
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate features milk chocolate and dark chocolate gelatos topped with white chocolate sauce and chocolatey curls
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Cappuccino features cappuccino gelato topped with a foamy cream swirl and gourmet chocolate chips
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Strawberry Truffle features strawberry gelato topped with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet dark chocolatey truffles
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate features refreshing mint gelato topped with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet chocolate curls
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel features chocolate gelato topped with luscious caramel sauce and gourmet chocolate curls
Mmmmmmm! Doesn’t it look good! We actually made it a fun taste-testing night! We’d never tried the gelato before. So, we got the four newest flavors to try – Strawberry Truffle, Mint Chocolate, Cappuccino, and Chocolate Caramel! I loved the Cappuccino and Chocolate Caramel, while Mr. Mom Endeavors was quite fond of the Mint Chocolate! Those little chocolate curls make them extra yummy!! You can find Breyers Gelato Indulgences in grocery stores nationwide in a 28.5 oz clear tub, showcasing the gelato with its luscious sauce and gourmet toppings! At a suggested retail price of $4.49-$5.99, you can grab a few tubs for a special at-home date night at an affordable price! We loved just diving right into the tubs (we’re not sharing this date night treat with the kids 😉 )! So carve out some time, grab some special treats, and enjoy a great date night at home! You won’t regret it!
What are your favorite at-home date tips?
YUM! Those Gelato flavors look so delicious! They would definitely set the date night mood. We try to do game night and movie night at least once a week.