Save time and your sanity with these 5 easy tips for busy mornings. Whether it’s off to school, leaving for a trip, or heading out for a busy day of games at the field, these simple tips will help getting out the door be a little less hectic. With 3 boys in the house (at two different schools), our mornings can get crazy in a hurry. Then there’s some Saturdays where we need to be at the soccer fields at 8am for a day of games. And then, there’s those mornings where we are leaving for a trip or maybe just arrived home late the night before. Those situations may look a little different at your house. But no matter what the scenario, it’s safe to say that trying to get a family out the door in the morning can be stressful. So, these 5 simple tips for busy mornings below will help you get through the mornings with a little less stress.
Making Busy Mornings Less Stressful
- Prep as much as possible the night before. You’ve probably heard this one since you were a kid. But it really is true. The more you can prep the night before, the less stressful the morning will be. Have kids pick out their clothes. Pack lunches the night before, or at least prep some items for lunches. Anything you can take care of then, will save the mornings and start the day off better.
- Have convenient breakfast items on-hand. Let’s be honest – I don’t cook up a full breakfast every morning (ok, not most mornings). And sometimes we need items that people can grab as they’re running out the door. But I want these convenient items to be high-quality. So, we like to keep some Jimmy Dean® ready-to-eat frozen breakfast items on hand – they’re perfect for helping to take some of the hassle out of hectic mornings! A couple options we have on hand right now are the Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches and the Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. They really are perfect for busy mornings and families on the go. The sandwiches are super tasty, complete with savory sausage, fluffy eggs & melty cheese. And they are SO easy to prepare – so easy in fact that my boys can do it themselves, for the win! My boys love being able to have a hot breakfast sandwich so quickly and I love that they are getting something filling in the morning. They also love the Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick! I mean, does it get more fun than food-on-a-stick?! They’re such a fun way to start the day! Plus, the Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches have 13g of protein per serving and the Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick have 6g of protein (check packaging for full nutritional information).
- Simple Fresh Fruit Options Within Reach. In addition to having a convenient main dish, like the Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches and Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick, I love having fresh fruit easily accessible for the kids – something that everyone can just grab and go as needed. So, I either like make sure we have convenience fruits on hand (like bananas or mandarins) or I like to have fresh fruit already prepared in containers (washed, sliced, peeled, etc). Right now, we have TONS of fresh oranges from our three trees in the backyard. So over the weekend, I just peeled a whole bunch of oranges and keep them in a glass container – so they’re ready to go for the kids to grab. Easy to add to for breakfasts, for snacks, or to put in lunches.
- Have a visual family calendar. If everyone in your family is running in different directions, I highly recommend having a family calendar that is VISUAL. We have a whiteboard in the kitchen area so everyone can see it. You can do it weekly or monthly, but that way everyone can see what’s happening. This can help with prep the night before and/or the busyness of the morning by not forgetting things or the remembering at the last minute that someone has a band concert today or school pictures are today or something like that. If you take time to do a family calendar each week or each month, it REALLY helps the morning stress.
- Have a Designated Place for your Keys. This one is REALLY simple, but SO needed! HAVE A PLACE THAT YOU ALWAYS PUT YOUR KEYS! My spot is VERY easy – it’s a little hook in our kitchen. That’s it. But my keys always go there. Because nothing is worse than having everything else taken care of, with the kids having their Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches in hand, but you can’t leave because mom can’t find the keys!
So, hopefully these tips help make mornings just a little bit easier. To help, you can pick up everything you need at Walmart. Be sure to look for the Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches and the Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick in the frozen food aisle. Then, you’ll have a filling and convenient breakfast ready to go from the freezer at home! Easy & delicious!
Here’s to less stress on busy mornings!
I have a place where I keep my keys. I wish my husband would get on board with keeping his keys on a hook- we are always looking for his. Haha! Thanks for these great tips. #client