Lately, it seems as if the kids are hungry all the time! With 3 boys, I suppose that’s not a huge shock, but wow they’re eating a lot. I’m finding that I need to have a lot of snack options ready all the time. One snack that the boys love is apples & peanut butter. Often times, I just serve them a plate full of traditional apple slices with a big glob of peanut butter on the side. But, I was finding that the littlest guy can’t dip the peanut butter as well. So, why not try ring slices instead?! They look fun and give you a way to add fun toppings!
This time, you can see a chocolate chip and little bits of Heath baking bits for some added chocolate. But, there really are SO many options – chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, craisins, etc. You can even change up the spread – different kinds of nut butters or even nutella! Mmmmm!
Here’s the super simple “recipe”:
- 2 medium size apples
- 1⁄4 C. creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 C. Heath baking bits
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Mandolin slicer (optional but so handy)
- Slice the apples into ¼” slices and spread with peanut butter and sprinkle with the Heath baking bits.
- Top with chocolate chips or other toppings as you wish.
- Repeat with the other slices.
For more great snack ideas, check out these posts: