I love recipes that are fresh, healthy, and quick to prep! And, this avocado & shrimp salad fits all of those categories! Doesn’t it look so fresh & tasty?! For those following a Paleo diet, it fits that category too. So, I think this makes for an excellent quick & healthy lunch! I’m a big fan of avocados and this dish sort of reminds me of the tuna stuffed avocados recipe I shared earlier. But, this is a way to change things up a bit. The shrimp and avocado really pairs nicely. Another great thing about this dish is that you only need a few ingredients! That’s always a win! You just need to chop up a few ingredients, mix together and serve! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 1 large avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 slice of a medium size onion (you could also substitute 2 green onion stalks)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ⅛ C. cilantro, chopped
- 1 C of salad shrimp (You can use a small can located near tuna at the grocery store. Or, you can use the frozen cooked shrimp - thawed).
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado into small chunks and place into a medium size bowl.
- Next dice the tomato, onion and cilantro and place in the bowl with the avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and gently combine all ingredients mixing well.
If you like this recipe, you might want to check out these similar quick & healthy paleo recipes too!