After a bye week last week for our Huskers, we’re happy to have some Husker football to watch today! And, really excited that the game is on at our house (we don’t have cable), so we’re looking forward to a little homegating. One of our favorite new homegating recipes is the Spinach & Artichoke Dip I made for the BIG Ohio State game a couple of weeks ago! Seriously, so good! It’s just about as good as any I’ve had in a restaurant and was really easy to make! And, all the vegetables in it makes it healthy, right?!
- 2 C frozen spinach thawed
– 2 C marinated artichokes, chopped
– 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (I use the 1/3 lower fat variety)
– 2 C sour cream (I used light)
– 1 to 2 C shredded Parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it)
– 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 1 C sweet onion finely chopped
– 1 stick butter
1. In a large pan (mine was almost like a Wok), saute’ the onions in butter. I let it go until the onions started getting brown–YUM! 2. While onions saute’, chop the artichokes. 3. Once the onions have just started browning, begin adding other ingredients to the pan. Start with spinach, then add the cream cheese. As it starts melting add in the sour cream, parmesan cheese, and artichokes. Make sure to blend and mix well after each addition. It will start looking something like this:
And then, will end up looking like this:4. Once everything is melted and mixed together well, transfer to a baking safe dish (this fit perfectly in my 2.5 Q dish). And, top with shredded cheese.5. Then, bake on 350 in oven until cheese is bubbly or microwave on high for about 5 minutes! Serve with bread, tortilla chips, or even fresh veggies. SOOOOO good!!! Now, it’s YOUR turn! It’s week 6 of the College Football Saturday Tailgate link party and I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!!
So, share your favorite tailgating recipes, football fun foods, football crafts, tailgating parties, fun football traditions–basically anything football related (especially college)!!!
Link as many posts as you like, just please be sure to link back to http://www.momendeavors.com or grab the button (code is on the right side-bar)!
College Football Saturday Tailgate Link Party