Sometimes you need a fun treat that doesn’t require a lot of time or ingredients! These Jell-o popcorn balls are great for that! Use a red flavor and shape into hearts for a great Valentine’s Day treat that kids are SURE to love!
The only thing even remotely tricky about making these sweet Valentine’s treats is that you have to work quickly. Because of that, I don’t have any process photos for you. But, I promise that it’s easy. You just need to have everything out & ready to go…and work quickly once you get going. This whole project came together in no time and you might even have all the ingredients in your pantry/baking supplies. Little Brother sure was excited to wake up from his nap to find such an irresistible sweet treat. He was so good to pose for a picture before gobbling down his heart-shaped popcorn! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 1 C corn syrup
- ¾ C white sugar
- 1 3oz box of Jell-O
- 10 C popped popcorn
- Pour corn syrup and sugar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour in Jell-O, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Dump the popcorn into a large bowl and pour the Jell-O mixture over the top, stirring to make sure the popcorn is well-coated.
- Grease your hands and for into balls (or hearts).
- Lay formed shapes on wax paper to harden/set. Store in individually wrapped packages or an air-tight container.
Fun, right? Now, how about a few more sweet Valentine treats?!
Sweetheart Popcorn from A Night Owl
Queen of Hearts Chex Mix from Bless This Mess
Heart Shaped Pretzels from Betsy Life
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Syrup from Eat Your Heart Out
Heart Shaped Strawberry Shortcake from See Vanessa Craft
Mini Heart-Shaped Monkey Bread from Home Cooking Memories
Raspberry Cream Tart from A Little Claireification
Rice Crispy Hearts from The Rebel Chick
Nutella Filled Conversation Hearts from Million Moments
Don’t those all look so fun?! Be sure to head over to each site to get directions and pin the recipes for later!Pin It