I’ve got a super easy project for you today that adds such a festive touch to any room! As a Lowe’s Creative Ideas blogger, our December challenge was all about holiday decor. From my trips to Lowe’s (both the store and the corporate headquarters last month – which was amazing), it’s clear that there is definitely a trend of more natural/rustic/woodland Christmas decor right now. I was inspired by that last month with our neutral holiday wreath and really wanted to do something sort of simple and neutral again. And, I just love the way our decorative DIY string art Christmas tree came out!
I LOVE the simplicity of it! You could hang it in a room that needs just a touch of Christmas decor (maybe the guest room) or even prop it up on a table up against the wall for some great tablescape decor! The awesome thing about it is that you can make it in no-time and you only need a few supplies from Lowe’s!
- 2′ x 2′ piece of wood (ideally something with a nice wood grain and thin so it isn’t too heavy to hang up)
- dark green jute rope/string
- small nails
- pencil & eraser
- cardboard or card stock for the star (glitter optional)
1. Measure your board and draw a faint line down the center. Then, divide each half in half with a faint pencil line (for a total of 3 pencil lines). This will help you make sure your tree is as even possible.
2. Start at the top with the jute and make an abstract tree pattern. We used duct tape to secure the tree to the board and continue arranging until we got the look we wanted.
3. Once everything is in place, hammer in small nails that the jute can wrap around.
4. Hang small, lightweight ornaments on the jute. For an added touch, cut a star out of cardboard or card stock and cover in glitter.
That’s it! It’s super easy! To hang, nail in a picture hanger on the back or drill two small holes & lace a ribbon through. Then, add it wherever you’d like some simple holiday cheer!
For more DIY holiday decor ideas, you might also like:
And for even more DIY ideas and holiday prep projects, visit Lowes Creative Ideas and follow along with Lowe’s on Pinterest or on Instagram! You can sign up to receive their free Creative Ideas Magazine, which is full of all kinds of ideas & inspiration! There’s also a magazine app so you can have inspiration on the go! And, this spring you can get weekly projects, tips & special values with the new “Improve with Lowe’s” app.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of the Lowe’s Creator’s & Influencers Network. All ideas, opinions, and photos are entirely my own.