This DIY Football Party Garland craft tutorial is part of a shop that has been has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HandsOnCrafty #CollectiveBias
Need an easy and fun idea to spruce up your tailgates and football parties? This DIY football garland makes the perfect easy backdrop! Not only is it super easy to make, but I love that it’s reusable – something to last you the entire football season (or even many seasons if it’s well taken care of). The different football-themed flags are so fun and especially easy to make with the right supplies! We used some of the Scotch® Expressions Tapes and Scotch® Create Adhesives for this project. I love keeping these products in my craft stash, as they are so versatile it’s easy to get creative with them. The patterned black stripe washi tape was PERFECT in this project as it looks just like referee stripes! So, we had to use that to pattern some of our flags. Then of course, we just did a football look and simple field look with a variety of the Scotch™ Brand Adhesives. The adhesives are great when crafting, as they have all of the best sticky tools you need to be hands-on. So, here’s a look at what supplies we used for this project:
DIY Football Garland Supplies:
- Colored Card Stock (at least 2 sheets of brown, white, and green)
- Scotch® Create Double-sided Tape
- Scotch® Expressions Washi Black Stripe
- Scotch® Expressions Black Glitter Tape
- Scotch® Create Glue Pen
- Jute or twine
- mini clothes pins
- Start by cutting out your flags for the garland. Fold your card stock in half, then decide on the shape of your triangles. Use a straight-edge to draw lines on the paper, then cut out the triangles (you should be able to get 6-8 triangles out of each piece of card stock depending on what size you cut them). Repeat for each color.
- Once you have the flags cut out, you’ll need to decorate them using the Scotch® Expressions Tapes and Scotch® Create Adhesives.
- For the referee flags, cover your white triangles in the black stripe washi tape. For some added pizzazz, you can run a strip of the black glitter tape across the top.
- Use the Scotch® Create Double-sided Tape on the brown triangles to do the white stripes of the football. Cut some white card stock strips about the width of the tape and then stick them on. Repeat the same process for the white strips on the football field.
- Then for the laces of the football, use the Scotch® Create Glue Pen to stick on small cut pieces of white card stock.
- That’s it! To hang, I decided to use something less permanent (using the clothes pins on the jute) so I could easily alter the size of the garland and look when needed.
Perfect for a football party, right? You can pick up everything you need for a football party bunting in the craft aisle at Walmart! We found a variety of the Scotch® products there! You could pick up your craft supplies at the same time you snag all your football party groceries! For more hands-on, fun project ideas to make with Scotch® products, click over to the #HandsOnCrafty site here!
Like it? Pin it!