Every time we’re back in Nebraska, we get in indulge in all kinds of homemade desserts! This summer has been no exception. One of the first desserts we had is strawberry pie – so quintessentially summer, so good, and SO easy to make!!! Doesn’t it look so fresh & tasty! It’s amazing how few ingredients you need for this – especially if you already have a pie shell or just want to use something like a graham cracker shell (which would also be tasty & easy). Whatever your favorite pie crust is will work just fine! If you already have your pie shell done, the pie really only takes around 10 minutes to make. You just need to be sure you have time to refrigerate it for a couple hours (to help it set & be nicely chilled when serving). Here’s the recipe:
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 pie shell
- 3T corn starch
- ⅔ C water
- 1 C sugar
- 3T strawberry jello
- Wash & halve fresh strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve 3T corn starch into ⅔ cup water. Then blend in the sugar.
- Heat on stove until boiling & let boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then add 3T strawberry gelatin powder (about half small box).
- Once thickened to a gel-like glaze, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Arrange the strawberries in the pie shell and pour the glaze over the strawberries in the pie shell to fill in any empty space.
- Cover & refrigerate pie until cool & set (usually at least 2 hours).
YUM! Doesn’t that look tasty! It’s SO good!
What’s your favorite fruit pie?
If you’re looking for even more delicious strawberry recipes, be sure to check out these posts:Pin It