Who else is super excited that the Olympics start tonight?!?! I LOVE the Olympics–the summer Olympics especially. How can you go wrong with gymnastics, volleyball, and swimming?! What’s your favorite to watch? I was on swim team for a number of years growing up, so I especially love swimming. In 2008, we had the pleasure of watching the Olympic Swim Trials in Omaha (seeing the likes of Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Dara Torres, Natalie Coughlin, and more)! After that, it was extra fun to watch the swimming!! I can’t wait!
And, I love London! Seriously, it’s one of my favorite places in the whole world. I’ve had the amazing opportunity to go to London on 3 separate trips (twice touring with music groups and also while studying abroad at Oxford)–it’s such a great city!! So, I’m looking forward to all the festivities! Plus, while sitting around with newborn Baby Brother for so many hours each day, I’m excited about all the great Olympic stuff on tv that I’ll be able to watch!
If I had any extra time on my hands, I’d love to be doing some fun Olympic-inspired activities with the boys (I’m thinking that it’s not likely though). So, I rounded up a whole bunch of fabulous Olympics ideas that you can enjoy the next couple of weeks!
- DIY Olympic Medals from My Sister’s Suitcase
- Olympic Torch from JDaniel4’s Mom
- Backyard Olympic Games from Hoosier Homemade
- Hurdle Run from I Can Teach My Child
- Paper Plate Olympic Rings from Learn Create Love
- Little Olympian Iron-on Transfer from Whatever Dee Dee Wants
- Olympic Felt Ring Puzzle from Toddler Approved
These are all such cute ideas–great for some sweet treats while watching evening festivities and some adorable breakfast ideas too! Perfect for watching the swimming events this Saturday morning!
- Olympic Doughnut Rings on Whatever Dee Dee Wants
- Olympic Rings Fruit Pizza from Taste of Home
- Olympic Ring Candy Oreos from Party Pinching
- Olympic Ring Breakfast from JDaniel4’s Mom
- Olympic Ring Waffle from Random Thoughts of a Supermom
- Olympic Rings Candy Jars from No Biggie
- Olympic Ring Cookies seen in Bird’s Party Magazine
And, if you just want to make some simple cupcakes, but add some awesome Olympic flair (perfect for the opening ceremonies tonight), then check out these AWESOME world flag cupcake toppers from Hoosier Homemade!!
And, if you need whole party ideas, you’ll definitely want to check out the following sites, starting with this totally crazy, super awesome Olympic party from Miss Candiquik!
- Family Olympics Party Ideas from My Insanity
- Olympics Party Dessert Table from Bird’s Party
- Mini-Olympics Party from Tania McCartney
Super fun ideas, right?! Have fun watching the games!!Pin It