- in a pan, melt butter (for this one sheet of slices, I used about 3/4 of a stick). Add garlic or garlic powder (I used one pressed clove & a little sprinkle of garlic powder).
– place your sheet of bread slices into the very hot oven. DO.NOT.WALK.AWAY (ask me how I know)! In fact sometimes, I stand there and leave the oven door just cracked open a bit. You just want to barely toast the top of your bread. This doesn’t take long.
– as soon as they start to toast, remove the pan from the oven–let cool just until you can handle each slice. Leave the toasted side up and dip into your melted garlic butter. I just barely dip–NOT soak!
– put slices, buttered side up, back on the baking sheet. Generously sprinkle each slice with parmesan cheese.
– put them back in your very hot oven and again–DON’T walk away! Watch as the parmesan cheese starts bubbling (mmmm) and the edges start to brown a bit. Then, remove immediately.
Mmmmmmm….fresh, homemade garlic bread that is not too greasy, not full of preservatives like the frozen kind, not too cheesy, and is just a bit crispy on both sides! It’s seriously SO good!!!