We just made this ultimate Ragú #NewTraDish Philly Cheesesteak Pizza mash-up recipe the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. Mmmm……
Yes, that is indeed Philly cheesesteak pizza! And it is SO so good! It’s a different twist on a old classic and part of a little creative challenge. Ragú® asked me to create a few “New TraDishes” by mixing up up a couple of Ragú® Classic Recipes into one new dish. Since every weekend right now we have football on, I knew I wanted to do something that would be great for game days! And…this cheesesteak pizza was perfect! Ragú® has a number of quick and easy to make family favorite recipes – like Italian Cheese Steak Sandwiches and Chunky Gardenstyle Pizza. So, those became my inspiration for our New TraDish. But, I got stuck on the “cheesesteak” idea. And, with the Ragu® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo sauce, I thought we could try a white pizza with a Philly Cheesesteak flavor for the ultimate game day recipe mash-up! I took a few short-cuts to make this easy to make (like getting deli cut roast beef) and it still worked perfectly. It’s SO worth it to spend the time on the veggies & meat – just a little bit of slicing, chopping, and sautéing! Once all the veggies & meat are prepped (and the pizza dough is ready to go), you’ll spread the Ragú® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo sauce on the pizza dough. Then, you smother it in all those yummy toppings and cheese. The end result is one super delish “new tradish”! Here’s the recipe:
- pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza)
- approx. ½ lb. sliced deli roast beef
- 1 TBSP olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ medium red onion
- 3 to 4 mushrooms
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ C Ragu® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo sauce
- ¼ C provolone
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare your pizza dough (use your favorite recipe, store bought, whatever!).
- Place dough on pizza stone or baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes.
- While dough bakes, slice the onion & green pepper. Pour oil into a sauté over medium to medium high heat. Add onions and peppers.
- While those cook, dice up the roast beef. Add roast beef to the pan with the vegetables. Add pepper and cook just until the meat starts to turn brown. Remove from heat.
- Finely slice the mushrooms and add to the veggie meat mixture.
- Remove prebaked crust from the oven and spread the Alfredo sauce over the crust.
- Top with the sauce with the provolone (I just crumbled up thin slices), then almost all the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the vegetable-meat mixture over top and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Return to oven. Bake at 400 for approximately 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted and crust starts to get golden brown).
Love recipes like this? You can get involved by joining the Ragú® Sauce Masters here. And, for additional delicious and easy Ragú® #NewTraDish recipe ideas, you can follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or Twitter.
Do you like putting twists on classic recipes?