I’m so excited to share this delicious loaded baked potato inspired breakfast casserole with you today as part of a sponsored partnership with Shamrock Farms. It’s a tasty and hearty way to start the day! Back-to-school season is almost upon us! And, one of the things I try to do for school prep is doing some meal planning and make ahead meals! Those back-to-school mornings can get crazy! So, I find that it’s helpful if I spend some time on the weekend doing some make ahead meals for the week. One dish that works great for this is breakfast casseroles. You can make it up on Sunday and then have a hearty option throughout the week! So this dish is perfect for back-to-school time! Not only is it easy to make it ahead and have it to serve throughout the week, but it’s power packed with ingredients to help the kids stay full until lunch. Everyone in the family loves it! The loaded baked potato breakfast casserole is a fun twist on a classic, favorite dinner idea! At our house, we typically serve up baked potatoes topped with ham, broccoli, cheese, sour cream, and maybe a few green onions or chives! This breakfast casserole has the potatoes, all those tasty toppings, plus eggs to make it a breakfast casserole! The result is tasty breakfast dish! You’ll see that there’s one bonus ingredient, cottage cheese, to make it cheesier and give a nice protein boost (since a single serving has up to 13 grams of protein)! We used cottage cheese and sour cream from Shamrock Farms. We love using Shamrock Farms products as they’re made with with pure, wholesome milk containing no added growth hormones. They’re a local company for us (Arizona family-owned) and we love supporting local! You can even take a tour of their working dairy farm here (during October – May). So, we combined potatoes with cottage cheese, sour cream, and our additional baked potato “fixings”, added eggs, and have one delicious breakfast!
Here’s the easy recipe:
- 6 C shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-3 C diced ham (*or other meat of your choice)
- 2-3 C baby broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 C cottage cheese
- 1 C sour cream, divided
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 TBSP green onions, sliced (approx 3 green onions)
- 1 dozen eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13x9 pan, layer bottom of pan with potatoes. Season with salt & pepper. Place in oven to cook (about 10 minutes) while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ham, broccoli, cottage cheese, green onions, 1 C shredded cheese, and ½ C sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Dump mixture over potatoes in pan and stir to combine mixture with potatoes.
- In empty mixing bowl then, whisk the eggs with sour cream until well combined.
- Pour eggs over the mixture in the pan. Let the eggs soak in to the mixture for just a minute.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
NOM! This is sure to be a hit for busy back-to-school mornings! So, be sure to pin this recipe and then head to the store to pick up your ingredients! While you’re at it, you can grab the ingredients for this tasty hot loaded baked potato dip and get ready for football season too! And….we have an AWESOME giveaway to help you stock up at the store for these back-to-school meals!!
One lucky Mom Endeavors reader will win a $100 Visa gift card and $30 in Shamrock Farms FREE product cash cow coupons!!! Enter via the widget below (open to US residents, 18+). GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway