- Hug them tightly? Remember what the hugs feel like.
- Play with them? Remember their giggles and engrave their smiles in your hearts.
- Cuddle with them? Remember how they seem to fit perfectly in your arms, like a missing piece from a puzzle.
- Be kind to them? Don’t be the people in the grocery store that make me cringe when they’re screaming at their kids.
- Tell them how much they were wanted and prayed for?
- Send up prayers of thanks that:
- Your child is with you.
- You know the sound of your child’s voice.
- You know the color of her eyes.
- You are not looked at awkwardly by others on Mother’s Day.
- You know how to answer “How many children do you have?”
- You know what it’s like to watch your child sleeping peacefully, with a beating heart.
- You are awoken in the middle of the night by cries and whines and screams.
Be thankful for these signs of life….
Just know that there are thousands of us who would trade you in a heartbeat.”
So, today, I am thankful. Thankful for my babies and thankful for all the mothers in my life. I celebrate you all!
Also, Kami from No Biggie has been doing a wonderful series on “5 things I love about being a mom”. Head on over to read a few (of the many) things I love about being a mom!!
To all the mamas out there (no matter where you are in your motherhood journey), I hope you had a very happy Mother’s Day!