Soft and fluffy with a delicious light caramel frosting, these frosted pumpkin cookies are a perfect Fall treat!
Who is ready for all things FALL?! I am! Fall is my favorite time of year – the cooler temperatures, the football, the food, the décor, the start of the holiday season! LOVE! So, how about another delicious pumpkin recipe to add to all the fall fun?!
Pumpkin cookies are some of my very favorite to bake because they always turn out so well. I love the fluffy, cake-light texture to them. And, you can’t go wrong with those hints of classic pumpkin pie flavor, especially this time of year! YUM! Everyone here is a big fan of the pumpkin cinnamon chocolate chip cookies. But, the combination of the brown sugar, caramel-like frosting tastes amazing with the light pumpkin flavor in these cookies. So good! The house smells AMAZING while you make these!
And this recipe (full recipe near the end of this post) makes a big batch – enough for a party, to share as gifts, or to freeze for later! You can get up to about 60 small cookies with this recipe or 20-30 large cookies depending on how big you scoop the batter! You could definitely cut the recipe in half if you want, but I say just make a bunch. They tend to go quickly! 😉
Does it get better than a delicious frosting?! This one begins with melting butter and brown sugar together in a pan on the stove…just like caramel. Yum! You’ll heat it up and melt. Heat until boiling and you’ll get an even richer caramel-like flavor. The frosting should be soft (not too thick), but not so thin that it completely runs off the cookies. So, if your frosting seems too runny (or you’d like it thicker), add a bit more powdered sugar. And if it seems to thick, add a bit more milk/cream. Frost the cookies and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top. You could even let the kids add some fun fall sprinkles for some extra fun! Either way, the whole family is sure to enjoy these tasty pumpkin cookies!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes…
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Honey Butter
Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies Video
Here’s the Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies recipe…ENJOY!:
- 2 cups. butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup. butter
- ½ cup. packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream (or beat) together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla until combined. Then, beat in pumpkin.
- In another large bowl, combine all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Drop dough by spoonful on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or ungreased sheet with parchment). Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- While the cookies bake and cool, prepare the frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth. For richer caramel flavor, continue heating and stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in milk and vanilla.
- Allow to the mixture to cool down (to about room temperature), then slowly beat in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. (I find that sifting the powdered sugar makes this frosting more smooth).
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon or sprinkles, if desired.
Like it? Pin it!