Did you know September is Baby & Child Safety Month? Today we’re talking about a really important topic – child passenger safety! Our kids are our most precious cargo and as parents it’s our job to keep them safe while riding in the car! So, thanks to a sponsored partnership with Britax, I’m sharing some child passenger safety facts and tips – including a great new car seat option!
As parents, there is SO much information and advice on just about every topic that it can be hard to keep track of everything. So, I’ve listed
- The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends keeping infants and toddlers in a rear-facing car seat until at least age 2.
- No matter the age, multiple child safety sources recommend keeping children in a car seat for as long as possible, as long as the child fits within the manufacturer’s height and weight requirements.
- Child Safety experts recommend ALL children ride only in the backseat until at least age 12!
- “All 50 states and the District of Columbia have child safety seat laws,” reports the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute. Parents and caregivers with child passengers need to be aware of those laws – and it’s important to know the laws of the different places you may be traveling too! See the laws for each state here: Child Safety Seat Laws.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “three out of four children are either not securely fastened in their car seats or are in a car seat that is not properly secured to the vehicle.” YIKES!! So, Britax has made it their mission to ensure parents can properly install their child’s car seat every time, in every vehicle, using the ClickTight Installation System.
Our family has been a big fan of Britax car seats for some time. In fact, Baby Brother (age 3) rides in a Britax Boulevard car seat and Big Brother (age 8) is still in a 5-point harness convertible booster seat from Britax. Little Brother (age 5) was in need of a new seat and we wanted a convertible booster for him. So, we were thrilled to try out the new Dylan-pattern Frontier ClickTight harness-2-booster ($329.99) that Britax sent us! This particular model is only available at select Brixy stores while supplies last. If you haven’t seen it yet, the ClickTight technology is AMAZING!!! Have you ever wrestled with car seat install? Having to put your knee or body weight into getting a nice, secure tight fit? Well, no more with ClickTight!! Britax debuted this revolutionary car seat technology in 2013 and it’s a total game-changer, making it SO much easier to get a proper, secure car seat installation every time! Check it out here:
Seriously, car seat installation with this technology is a BREEZE! I couldn’t believe how easy it was to install and how secure it is! LOVE it! Plus, there’s the extra layer of side impact protection that I really like as well! Little Brother is quite happy with his new seat!! You can find this Frontier ClickTight harness-2-booster ($329.99) in the black/gray color pattern called Dylan at select Brixy stores while supplies last. Brixy is a trade organization of independent baby stores across the US and Canada that offers a variety of services to help parents prepare for their little one’s arrival, from car seat installations to furniture assembly. The staff at each store are educated about car seats and can help advise parents on current laws and best practice.
What do you think about the ClickTight Technology? Have you tried it?Pin It