Seven years ago (I can’t believe it was already that long), we shopped around for a baby travel system that seemed great & functional. We’ve loved it. But, 7 years and 3 kids later, it’s not in good shape. Plus, the stroller is bulky! So, when I was given the opportunity to check out the new Urbini Travel System, I knew I wanted to check it out – especially with the sleek design! The box was huge, so I started off a little skeptical. But immediately after opening, I was super impressed. Look at how compact the stroller is!!! It folds almost as small as any umbrella stroller I’ve seen, but is SO much more functional! Set up was a breeze too. The car seat is essentially ready to just snap right in to any car. For the stroller, all I had to do was pop on the front two wheels and we were ready to roll! We’ve already switched Baby Brother out of the infant carrier system. But, the car seat is nice. The car seat is designed for rear-facing use only, for an infant from 4-35 lbs and up to 35″ tall. Baby Brother is still well under those measurements, so we’ll be using it as a back up seat for a while in Daddy’s car. Plus, we love the lightweight design. The lightweight design is really apparent in the stroller though!
So far, we’ve been loving the stroller! It is SO much less bulky than our 7-year old full stroller. Anymore, I don’t need a buily one-seat stroller. When we travel to places like Disney, the zoo, etc, we always need a double stroller. And, when we go on big family walks, we usually take our jogger. So, it’s been great ditching our hefty, old single stroller in favor of the Urbini for everyday use. Here are some of the Urbini Touri Stroller features:
- Ultra-compact umbrella style fold
- Lightweight frams
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Removable child’s arm bar
- 5-point harness with comfort pads
- HUGE tuck-away sun visor
- Removable cup holder
- Storage basket
- Front suspension wheels
- It is SO lightweight & takes up very little space in the back of the car compared to any other stroller we’ve ever had!!
- Super easy set-up & take down. With some of our other strollers, I feel like it’s a fight to open and close the stroller. Not the case with this Urbini. The levers to lock open or begin to close can be done with your foot and then the rest of the stroller opens/closes with ease. I can even do it one handed!
- The maneuverablity is fantastic! Pushing one-handed is no problem. Like many lighter weight strollers, it doesn’t go “off-roading” as well. But, if you plan on using this on just sidewalks, paved roads, inside stores, etc, it pushes with ease.
- The sun visor/canopy is HUGE! This feature is AWESOME! With my super fair-skinned boys, I need to protect them from the sun as much as possible. This stroller has the largest canopy of any that we’ve owned so far and it’s great!
- Storage basket is present. Unlike umbrella strollers, there is a decent-sized basket on this stroller. It’s certainly not huge, but I love that it’s there.
Really, the only downsides for us are the lack of cup holders (though there is one that detaches) or a snack tray up front. But, for our uses, the convenience of the smaller size & ease-of-use has far outweighed those missing features. In just the short period of time since we’ve had it, it’s become our go-to single stroller. Baby Brother goes to Big Brother’s soccer games & practices in it; we’ve gone shopping with it; and visited the park in it. I love it and Baby Brother seems to have no complaints! The Urbini Touri Baby Travel System retails at Walmart for approximately $150. For more information from Urbini, you can follow along via Facebook and Twitter.
Do YOU have a favorite lightweight stroller?Pin It