A favorite activity in our home during the holidays is making homemade cards. My daughter enjoys getting creative and sending cards to family and friends. This week we are making pop up turkey cards to send for Thanksgiving to our out of town family. Supplies:
- cardstock for front cover
- Turkey Coloring Page for Pop Up Beak Thanksgiving Card printed on white cardstock
- googly eyes
- glue stick
- crayons (not pictured)
Color the turkey. My daughter had fun making a rainbow turkey before she decided to use brown, orange, and red crayons. Next you will be folding the card and creating the pop up beak. Fold the card in half with the colored turkey inside.
1) Cut a small slit across the folded side of the card where the beak will be positioned on the turkey’s face.
2) Fold two triangles facing outward along the cut.
3) Open the card and push the folded triangles inward to pop up on the turkey’s face.
Glue a piece of cardstock to the back of the card. Then glue the googly eyes to the turkey’s face. Color the beak orange and draw stick legs with feet. Put your card in an envelope and send it to someone special.
For added fun you could embellish the turkey with glitter, feathers, or other supplies.
Who will you be sending a pop up turkey card to for Thanksgiving?
For more Thanksgiving ideas as part of our Cornucopia of Creativity Series on Mom Endeavors, click the button below:
Heather, a regular contributor here on Mom Endeavors, is a preschool teacher and mommy to one sassy little girl. She shares family activities, classroom ideas, snacks, and kids crafts at her blog, Brie Brie Blooms. You can catch up with Heather on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!