As part of a sponsored campaign with DecoArt, I’ve teamed up with a whole group of creative bloggers to bring you some great beach-inspired ideas and an awesome giveaway!! We were given a box of DecoArt glass paint products (that you have a chance to win too) to use to create a beachy craft. I was particularly intrigued by the glass stain, so I decided to try a beach-inspired stained glass vase.
And, I love the way it turned out! Talk about an easy and fun way to spruce up a cheap, dollar store vase! After a little practice with the glass stain, everything came out really nicely. Here’s how to make your own:
- glass vase
- DecoArt glass stain (I used green, blue, and white)
- seashells/color/drift wood
- Start by cleaning the vase thoroughly. I rinsed with water first, then cleaned it with rubbing alcohol.
- Once dry, add a generous amount of stain to the vase. I combined the green, blue, and white, which created a sort of beachy emerald green.
- Swirl around the stain in the vase as best you can. Then, tip the vase upside down and coat the sides with the stain. Keep swirling and turning the vase if possible (you don’t just want all the stain to slide right off). Let the excess drip off on to a paper towel.
- Once the excess has dripped off, tip upright and allow to air dry overnight.
- Mine was dry and ready the next morning. To add a little beachy feel, I wrapped the top of the vase with some jute.
- Then, fill with your choice of favorite beach items. Just be careful to not hit the inside too much (so you don’t scrape the stain off).
The end result is fabulous! And, it’s perfect in our beachy master bathroom! It matches my Pantone Emerald sea horse painting almost perfectly. But, I think it adds a nice pop of color to the other wall too! Maybe I’ll just have to make another one! 😉
The Americana Glass Paints are available at Michaels, JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores, Pat Catan’s Craft Centers, A.C. Moore, Beverly’s, and other fine craft retailers. For more information on Americana Glass Paints visit http://www.decoart.com/glasspaint. And they have a great rebate going on right now– Buy 5, get $5 back!
Sweet! But, there’s an even sweeter deal below!!! We’re giving away a $100 Michaels gift card plus $100 worth of DecoArt product!! Now that’s a serious crafting prize! Just think about ALL the amazing stuff that you could make with that prize! Use the Rafflecopter widget below to submit entries. One lucky winner will get the whole package (must be 18 years or older to enter, valid in US only). After entering, continue on below to find a whole bunch of awesome beach-inspired ideas from all the participating bloggers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway