Are you ready for some holiday treats?! Then, this is the post for you! A group of fabulous creative bloggers joined forces to bring you a big ‘ole list of 50+ homemade holiday sweet treats! These super delish peppermint hot chocolate cookies are my contribution to the party! I love peppermint during this time of year–both the colors and the taste! And, hot chocolate is perfect on cold winter nights. So, how can you go wrong with a cookie that combines cocoa, peppermint, and marshmallows?!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 C cocoa powder or hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 C peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1/2 C semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- approx. 2 C mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Stir in peppermint & chocolate chips.
- Form dough balls and place about 2″ apart onto parchment lined baking sheets (this recipe makes between around 4 dozen cookies so you can flash freeze some of the dough balls, then store in the freezer for later baking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *At about the 8 minute mark, pull the cookies out and top with mini marshmallows (I did 4-6 per cookie). You might need to just lightly push them into the cookie. Then, return to the oven for the final few minutes. The marshmallows should get nice & puffy, but not too gooey!
So, now do you want to see what everyone else made?!…
There are SO many great recipes! So, be sure to click on the picture of whatever piques your interest and check it out. Happy browsing & pinning! Just be careful of the drool & hunger pangs!