Hi there! I’m Becca from Our Crazy Boys – I blog about raising my two tween boys in the Arizona desert, which can be stressful at times. My goal is to laugh my way through the stress 🙂
I love visiting Mom Endeavors during the Cornucopia of Creativity because I’m always a little stumped when it comes to Thanksgiving. This year, I turned to Pinterest when planning my menu because – well, don’t we all turn to Pinterest now?!
I saw posts popping up everywhere for stuffed brownies.
Brownies stuffed with cookie dough.
Brownies stuffed with Snickers bars.
Brownies stuffed with Oreos.
Brownies stuffed with Twinkies.
Just kidding about that last one. That’s gross.
I thought since we are a peanut butter loving family, we should stuff our brownies with… peanut butter cups!
One box of brownie mix (will make about 36 mini-muffin sized brownies)
Peanut butter cups! (we used the small individually wrapped ones)
1. Unwrap your peanut butter cups. Try not to eat too many, or you’ll be sick of them by the time your brownies are done.
2. Slice the peanut butter cups in half. They fit better in the mini-muffin tin that way. Though, I wouldn’t think any less of you if you stuck the entire peanut butter cup in there.
4. Prepare your brownie mix according to package directions.
5. Use two spoons to put some brownie mix in the bottom of your muffin pan – it’s not easy to pour. I used about this much:
8. Cook the brownies at the recommend temperature, but you’ll only need to cook them for 7-10 minutes. Use a toothpick to judge when they’re ready, but stick your toothpick on the outer edge of the brownie – otherwise you’ll end up with melted chocolate on your toothpick, which will make you think your brownies aren’t done.
9. I recommend taste testing one or four as soon as they come out of the oven (for the safety of your guests, of course), and then storing the brownies in a tightly closed container. These brownies tend to get hard quickly.