After the “Guac Off” Recipe Contest post, I had a serious craving for some guacamole. Luckily, we had friends over the next weekend which led to the perfect opportunity to make some! This guacamole is SUPER easy to make with minimal ingredients. It’s nothing fancy, but it tastes great! In fact, everyone actually preferred it that night to the guacamole from our take out order from the Mexican restaurant!
- Avocados (I used two for the amount above)
- fresh cilantro
- lime (1–2 depending on how much you’re making)
- garlic powder (or fresh if you prefer)
- Start by cutting & pitting the avocados. If you haven’t worked with avocados much, the easiest way to get the giant seed out is to smack your knife right into it (so it sticks) and then twist a bit.
- For ease of mashing, I cut the avocado right inside the rind. Then, just scoop it out with a spoon into a bowl and mash it well, with a fork. - For the amount I made (which was 2 avocados), I juiced half a lime and chopped up the leaves from two cilantro stems (straight from our garden ).
- Add 1 –2 TBSP of salsa (or more depending on your tastes) and sprinkle in some garlic powder to taste.
That’s it! Easy peasy! It’s so fresh tasting and not spicy at all (I am really NOT a fan of spicy guacamole). The boys even LOVE it! Perfect for dipping! In fact, I think another round is in order for the Super Bowl next weekend!
Linked to: I’m Lovin’ It