We got home yesterday from the Disneyland event, BlogHer’11, and our family vacation in San Diego! Whew! It was a whole lot of excitement, fun, craziness, exhaustion, networking, sight-seeing, family-time, and relaxation rolled into one trip! I’m still trying to process everything, recover, and go through over 1,000 photos (good grief)–not to mention the emails, contacts, and business cards–oh my!
Needless to say, there are many posts planned (including some fun giveaways!). But, I couldn’t resist sharing some of my favorite photos first! It was hard choosing, but here are my SoCal Trip Top 10!….
2. Yes, another parade photo, but I couldn’t resist. Little Brother kept dancing to the music and it was the.cutest.thing.EVER! I took video of most of it, but was SO happy to have caught this adorable still shot!
3. There really is something magical about Disneyland fireworks. The music? The atmosphere? The castle? The fireworks themselves? I don’t know what it is, but I love them (and I’m openly admitting that at some point during the show I always get teary-eyed!). So, I was thrilled to have another chance to practice shooting fireworks and was quite excited about the result (especially with no tripod).
4. I’m so thankful that my mom was willing and able to come with us to Disneyland and stay with the boys solo while I attended blogging events! There aren’t nearly enough pictures of my mom and I, so I’m thrilled to have this one of us with the boys (and Mickey, of course)!
5. If you follow on facebook or twitter, then you’ve likely seen my posts about the flash mob at BlogHer! It was one of the highlights of the conference for me and I’m glad to have a picture with proof I actually was a part of it (I’m in the dead center of this one)! Thank you, Becca, for inviting me to join Operation Glory and writing up such a fantastic post detailing the makings of MobHer’11!
San Diego Zoo & Safari Park
7. We loved seeing so many of the awesome animals at both the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Safari Park. I especially loved that this jaguar looked right at the camera!
8. Hippos have long been one of my favorite animals. I have no idea why, but it’s true. When I found this little hippo outfit at a second-hand store for Big Brother, I had to have it! So, I LOVE that Little Brother is wearing now, and in front of the big hippos at the San Diego Zoo no less!!
Stay tuned for lots more California fun to come!
Which photo is YOUR favorite?