- The replica cars are the largest production radio-controlled replica cars ever built!
- Because of the unique scale of these vehicles, all the exterior pieces had to be fabricated from scratch. No actual “off– the-shelf” car parts could be used. The sculpting process for each vehicle’s body took 6–10 days, totaling 1000–1600 man hours. After the cars were carved in foam, a fiberglass mold was created, and from that the final bodies were produced.
- The cars are all electric powered. Each runs on four automotive-style batteries at 48 volts and can run for 30 minutes at full speed.
- The cars can travel up to 10 miles per hour.
- Lightning McQueen’s tires are one of a kind due to their unique size and were fabricated by Goodyear specifically for the “Agents on a Mission” tour.
Big Brother LOVES the movie Cars and we’ll definitely be enjoying the Phoenix tour stop in a few weeks. He will be SO excited to see the big versions of some of his favorite characters!! I can’t wait to see his reaction! Here’s the info on the Phoenix stop:
For information on the rest of the cities, visit: http://disney.go.com/cars/#/events.
Do YOU have a little “Cars” fan in YOUR house? Have you been to one of the tour events or are you planning on going?